Falcon™ 24-Multiwell FluoroBlok™ Cell Culture Inserts Systems
Collect data without plate washing, cell scraping, and counting; chart cell migration or bioavailability in real time without dismantling or destroying the insert
Brand: Falcon™ 351156
Additional Details : Weight : 0.55000kg
The Corning FluoroBlok Insert System is made with a unique light-tight PET membrane that effectively blocks the transmission of light from 400-700 nm. Fluorescence from labeled cells or compounds present in the top chamber of the insert system is blocked from detection in the bottom chamber by the intervening dyed membrane. Once fluorescently labeled cells or compounds pass through the membrane, they are no longer shielded from the light source and are easily detected with a bottom-reading fluorescence plate reader. The wide blocking range of the Corning FluoroBlok membrane allows the flexibility to choose a variety of fluorophores for chemotaxis, cell migration, tumor cell or bacterial invasion, leukocyte extravasation, cell signaling, toxicity and permeability studies for oral bioavailability and absorption assays (e.g., Caco-2 cells).
- Save time and labor using automated fluorescence detection
- Eliminate cell insert manipulation—get rapid data collection without the need for plate washing or manual cell scraping and counting. Chart migration of cells and molecules in realtime without dismantling or destroying the insert
- Increase sample throughput—automate many commonly used membrane-based cell assays and increase the efficiency, productivity and throughput of these assays in the drug discovery process
- Handle 24 inserts simultaneously—all 24 wells are part of a single unit that is compatible with Falcon 24 well Plates and Feeder Tray
- Each insert has a generous, automation-compatible sampling port. When used with Falcon 24 well plates, users can sample above and below the membrane with standard 200 µL or 1000 µL pipet tips or automated fluid handler tips.
Available in 3μ and 8μm pore sizes. One-piece 24-Multiwell insert system (insert plate, 24-well plate or single-well feeder tray, and lid) or 24-well individual cell culture inserts.
|Fluorescence plate reader or inverted fluorescence microscope|
|Multi-Well Insert System|