Thermo Scientific™ Formaldehyde, 37 wt% sol. in water, stab. with 5-15% methanol
Formaldehyde, formalin, CAS # 50-00-0, is a colorless volatile used as a histologic fixative and disinfectant.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 119690025
Additional Details : CAS : 50-00-0 Weight : 2.75750kg Transport : UN number : 1198 Chem class : 3 Pack group : III
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
- Formaldehyde (formalin) is an organic compound used for crosslinking proteins in biological samples such as tissue sections, culture cells, and whole specimens
- Formaldehyde is an intermediate in the combustion of methane and can exist in many forms
- It is a volatile, colorless liquid; that can be stored long-term in appropriate containers
- Comes stabilized in solution with methanol
- It May be used in pain research for induction of pain and inflammation
- Monomeric formaldehyde is formulated especially for laboratory applications
- Commonly used in RNA isolation as a denaturant
|Vapor Pressure: 2mbar at 20°C|
|formalin, methanal, formol, methylene oxide, paraformaldehyde, oxomethane, paraform, formic aldehyde, oxymethylene, methyl aldehyde|
|Solubility in water: soluble. Other solubilities: soluble in alcohol, ether and acetone|
|35.0 to 39.0%|
|5 to 15% methanol|
|37 wt% Solution in Water, Stabilized with 10 to 15% Methanol|
|01,397; 02,200; 04,238; 05,312; 06,264; 07,158; 08,231; 09,224; 10,186; 11,240; 12,232; 14,168; 15,161; 16,171|
|1.3755 to 1.3775|
Safety and Handling
- Formaldehyde, 37 wt% solution, stabilized with methanol
- Acute toxicity Category 3
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 B
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Skin sensitiser Category 1
- Carcinogenicity Category 1B
- Germ cell mutagenicity Category 2
- Flammable liquid Category 3
- Specific target organ toxicity after single exposure Category 1
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H226-Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H301-Toxic if swallowed.
- H311-Toxic in contact with skin.
- H331-Toxic if inhaled.
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H317-May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- H341-Suspected of causing genetic defects.
- H350-May cause cancer.
- H370-Causes damage to organs.
- P202-Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P330+P331-IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : Formaldehyde, Methylalcohol
RUO – Research Use Only