Gibco™ BMP2 Recombinant Human Protein
Recombinant Human Bone Morphogenetic Protein 2 (BMP2) is a bioactive protein intended for use in cell culture applications
Brand: Gibco™ PHC7141
Additional Details : Weight : 0.00010kg
DescriptionBMP2 is a member of the bone morphogenetic protein family which is part of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily. The superfamily includes large families of growth and differentiation factors. Bone morphogenetic proteins were originally identified by an ability of demineralized bone extract to induce endochondral osteogenesis in vivo in an extraskeletal site. BMP2 acts as a disulfide-linked homodimer and induces bone and cartilage formation.
- High purity: no interference from other proteins or contaminants
- High biological activity: more results with less protein
- Proven compatibility: Gibco proteins bioassayed with Gibco media
- High Purity Recombinant Bioactive Protein: to help ensure Gibco growth factors are of the highest quality, each protein is analyzed for purity along with structural homogeneity to ensure a biologically active protein
- High Biological Activity: in-house activity testing of Gibco Recombinant Proteins includes cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, chemotaxis, calcium flux, secondary cytokine up-regulation, induction of surface antigen expression, anti-viral, and protease assays; specific activity is determined by the dose dependent induction of alkaline phosphatase in mouse chondrogenic cell line ATDC5
- Proven Compatibility: Gibco proteins are bioassayed with Gibco media
Shipping Condition: Wet Ice.
|mouse chondrogenic cell line ATDC5|
|1.0 x 104 - 1.0 x103 units⁄mg|
|Growth Factors & Receptors|
|BMPs (Bone Morphogenetic Proteins) & Related Factors|
|Stem Cell Research, Bone Research|
|BMP-2, BMP-2, MGC114605, xBMP-2, xbmp2|
|ED50 range = 0.1-1.0 mg⁄mL|
|< 0.1 ng/µg|
For Research Use Only. Not intended for animal or human diagnostic or therapeutic use.