Invitrogen™ TOPO™ TA Cloning™ Kit for Sequencing, with One Shot™ TOP10 Chemically Competent E. coli
Provides a highly efficient, 5-minute, one-step cloning strategy (“TOPO Cloning”) for the direct insertion of Taq polymerase–amplified PCR products into a plasmid vector for sequencing
Brand: Invitrogen™ K4575J10
280.06 EUR valid until 2023-03-27
Use promo code "20585" to get your promotional price.
Additional Details : Weight : 0.08000kg
These kits include everything necessary to clone and select recombinant vectors containing your PCR fragment of choice. Each kit uses the pCR™4-TOPO TA vector with specially designed sequencing primer sites that return more insert sequence and less vector sequence from each reaction, and are available with a variety of competent cells, or no competent cells, depending on your needs and budget.
TOPO TA Cloning Kits for Sequencing: overview
Vector: pCR4-TOPO TA vector: optimized cloning vector for improved sequencing results
Cloning method: TOPO TA Cloning: Topoisomerase I–based, 5-minute ligation of PCR products with 3'A overhangs (Taq-amplified) to the vector
Competent cells: Various options: choose from kits with general, high-efficiency, bacteriophage T1-resistant, or fast-growing competent cells, or use your own
pCR4-TOPO TA vector: optimized for sequencing
We have removed much of the multiple cloning site from the pCR4-TOPO TA vector to shorten the distance between sequencing primer sites and the insert site to as little as 33 bp. This means sequencing reactions give less vector sequence and more insert sequence. The pCR4-TOPO TA vector has sites for 4 common sequencing primers: M13 forward, M13 reverse, T7, and T3. The kits include an aliquot of each.
pCR4-TOPO TA clone selection and manipulation
The pCR4-TOPO TA vector contains both ampicillin and kanamycin resistance markers and a LacZα-ccdB gene fusion for positive selection and blue/white screening. The vector's minimized multiple cloning site still includes flanking EcoRI sites for simplified excision of cloned PCR products and a unique Sse8387I site for generation of nested deletions prior to sequencing. T7 and T3 promoters are also present for in vitro transcription.
Simplified TOPO-based cloning
Using TOPO cloning technology, there is no need for PCR primers containing specific sequences, post-PCR procedures, vector preparation, or other time-intensive DNA manipulation steps. Just add your PCR reaction straight to the provided topoisomerase-charged vector, incubate 5 minutes, and transform with the providedE. coli competent cells.
With up to 95% of clones carrying the desired insert, you can screen less clones and save time and money. The pCR4-TOPO TA vector used in this kit comes with 3'T overhangs for efficient ligation of Taq-amplified PCR products, which contain 3'A overhangs.
The standard in cloning
When it comes to cloning, TOPO™ cloning technology has been a reliable partner for thousands of scientists for over ten years. Fast, simple-to-use, and efficient, TOPO™ cloning has been applied to many different vectors for a wide array of applications.
TOPO TA Cloning Kits for Sequencing: kit options
The TOPO TA Cloning Kit for Sequencing can be purchased with a variety of competent cells that deliver different advantages depending upon your needs:
- General cloning: TOP10 (Cat. No. K4575-J10, K4575-01, K4575-40)
- High-efficiency cloning: TOP10 Electrocomp™ Cells (Cat. No. K4580-01, K4580-40)
- General cloning, bacteriophage T1 resistance: DH5α-T1R (Cat. No. K4595-01, K4595-40)
- Fast growth: Mach1™-T1R Chemically Competent E. Coli (Cat. No. K4530-20)
- Provide your own: for flexibility and to save money (Cat. No. 450030)
- Get more sequence: allows for more insert sequence and less vector sequence when using standard sequencing primers
- Fast and easy: go from PCR to clones in just three steps and in as little as 5 minutes hands-on time
- Efficient: obtain up to 95% clones with correct insert
- Proven: reliable performance for over a decade with over 4,000 citations
Chromatin Biology, Chromatin Immunoprecipitation (ChIP), Cloning, Methylation Analysis, PCR Cloning, RNAi, Epigenetics and Non-Coding RNA Research, Sequencing Bisulfite-Treated DNA
|Each TOPO™ Cloning Kit for Sequencing contains pCR™4-TOPO™ or pCR™4Blunt-TOPO™ Vector, Salt Solution, dNTPs, Control Template and Primers, T3, T7, M13 (-20) Forward and M13 Reverse Primers, One Shot™ Chemically Competent or Electrocomp™ E. coli, S.O.C. Medium, and pUC19 Control Plasmid. Store the One Shot™ E. coli at -80°C. Store all other components at -20°C. All reagents are guaranteed stable for 6 months when properly stored.|
|TOPO-TA Cloning Vectors|
Safety and Handling
- TOPO TA CLON SEQ
- Reproductive toxicity Category 2
- Skin sensitiser Category 1
- H317-May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H361-Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child.
- P201-Obtain special instructions before use.
- P202-Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P272-Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/soap.
- P308+P313-IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention.
- P333+P313-If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P362+P364-Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : 2-mercaptoethanol, hydrogen chloride
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.