Thermo Scientific™ Phenol Red
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
|Merck Index||15, 7360|
|Physical Form||Liquid After Melting|
|Solubility||Solubility in water: 0.77g/L. Other solubilities: soluble in ethanol|
|Visual Transition Interval||from pH 6.8 (yellow) to pH 8.2 (red)|
|Color||Colorless to Yellow|
|Chemical Name or Material||Phenol Red, Pure|
|Show More Show Less|
- Phenol Red
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/and soap.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
RUO – Research Use Only