Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA), Sequencing grade
Bottles of 99.5%-pure TFA (MW 114.02, CAS 76-05-01) liquid (sold by weight); for HPLC use as an ion-pairing agent in reverse-phase peptide separations.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ TS-28904
Additional Details : Weight : 0.06300kg Transport : UN number : 2699 Chem class : 8 Pack group : I
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA) is manufactured and tested to meet strict specifications that ensure superior performance for use as an ion-pairing agent in reverse-phase peptide separations.
For complex peptide separations, the key to success can be to vary selectivity. Varying mobile phase composition on the same column can change selectivity enough to resolve peptide that would otherwise overlap. The TFA concentration is usually specified as 0.1% for reverse-phase HPLC of peptides. For reproducible separations from run-to-run or from lab-to-lab, it is essential to make concentrations the same.
- Purity: >99.5% TFA and exceptional clarity allows sensitive, nondestructive peptide detection at low UV wavelengths
- High-performance packaging: Packaged under nitrogen in amber glass with protective TFE-lined fluorocarbon caps to ensure TFA integrity
- Choice of formats for convenience: 1mL ampules can prepare 1L of 0.1% v/v TFA solution for the mobile phase in reverse-phase chromatography in moments
X in the ordering table indicates that hazardous shipping charges apply.
|10 x 1 mL|
|Ion Pairing Reagent|
Safety and Handling
- Trifluoroacetic Acid
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 1 B
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- H314-Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P301+P310-IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor /
- P331-Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P303+P361+P353-IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.
- P315-Get immediate medical advice/attention.
- P305-IF IN EYES:.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P501-Dispose of contents/container to .
Limited warranty period: Subject to all warranty requirements and exclusions set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale, this product is warranted from the date we ship the product and for ninety (90) days thereafter. Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.